WILL YOU BECOME A CERTIFIED DS/DM TEACHER?
Since 2017, we have been training our former dancers to become certified DS/DM teachers. From 2021, dancers from outside the company are also be able to obtain their DS/DM certificate. We would like to invite you to follow the DS/DM Basic learning programme at ICK. You will learn to transfer the workshop structure of the DS/DM method via the basic principles of Breathing, Jumping, Expanding, Reducing. The DS/DM Basic certificate allows you to teach amateurs, children and youngsters in regular education, in pre-professional education, in cultural programmes and in private studios. Teaching at dance academies (BA + MA level), higher education (Universities) and dance professionals or dance companies is not possible with this certificate.
After your DS/DM Basic certificate, you can expand your knowledge to DS/DM Basic+. You will then go deeper into the creative aspects of DS/DM via the Pre-choreographic elements and the Sensorium Toolkit.
The DS/DM teacher training 2022/2023 for dancers from outside the ICK Company consists of the following working sessions:
- Block I - 17 October – 21 October 2022: learning the principles: Breathing, Jumping, Expanding, Reducing and philosophical background
- Block II - 3 January - 7 January 2023: deepening the principles, developing your DS/DM teaching practice, individual feedback sessions
- Block III - 27 February - 3 March 2023: solidifying teaching practice, final learning and teaching moments, evaluation
During the working sessions, you will be taught by founder Emio Greco and former and current dancers of ICK. In order to obtain the certificate, you must participate in all sessions. In between the working sessions, we ask you to continue with your own lessons, so that you immediately gain experience in processing and transferring the information. During the last working session, we will evaluate your learning process and determine if you obtain the certificate.
Costs: € 1250 (incl. all working sessions, study materials and certificate)
Early bird price: €1125 (10% discount until July 15th)
Incoming trainees must have:
- Experience in the dance field (a request for videos in performance and improvisation will be included in the application process)
- Have experienced at least 10 sessions of DS/DM with certified teachers
Do you have experience in the dance field, and would you like to participate in the DS/DM teacher training? Apply now by filling in the form.
Do you doubt whether you meet the practical requirements? Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible to follow the DS/DM open classes until the start of the DS/DM teacher training.